May was a crazy month as we started the process of getting ready for our move, saying goodbyes, and trying to squeeze as much time in with our families as we could.
My sweet Grandma Persis' health continued to decline and she ended up in the hospital again. She truly is a soldier. The woman is one of the strongest I know. She passed it on to her daughter, my mom. My mom never hardly left my Grandma's side while she was in the hospital. I know how exhausting it was for my mom to not only take care of my grandma 24/7 in her home, getting up with her in the night frequently, cleaning up accidents, coordinating care when she had to be at work, etc. But it was also so hard on her to see my Grandma in this condition and see her declining. Yet my mom never wavered and for that I will always admire her. I also admire my sweet little Averie. Her and Grandma Persis had a bond from the moment they first met. I hate to say she was the favorite grandchild...but....shhh. :) So when my grandma was sick Averie wanted to be RIGHT there helping her. The picture above is Averie lifting my grandma's foot up onto her wheelchair because my Gram was too weak to do so on her own. I love all these ladies in my life so much.
My friend Lindsey came into town and we met up to say goodbye before our move. I worked with Lindsey for a few years at Quinn Meadows and we became quick friends. It was hard saying goodbye to her and to any other of my friends!
Okay, this picture is one of my VERY favorites of little Pax man. That smile melts me every time!
Averie had Mommy and Me day at preschool. It was SO fun to join her in her class and do crafts and sing songs and just love on my girl. She had the best preschool teacher Miss Lori and I honestly wish every teacher in the world was like her. She LOVES her students and genuinely wants them to succeed. We were so blessed to have her teach Averie for a year!
On May 15th, Averie had her pre-school graduation. It was SO cute to hear them sing all the songs they had learned and show their talents. For Averie's talent, unlike most of the girls who sang "Frozen" songs, she decided to sing a Spice Girls song, accapella, and it was a HIT! It was so cute and all the parents found it so funny. I wish I could post the video on here!
Aves sitting up next to her buddies on stage.
Aves getting her certificate and hat.
Yay! Our little graduate! Now slow down baby girl! I can handle preschool but when high school comes, I just may cry!
No comments:
Post a Comment