We made a trip to Oregon in late May (2013) to visit Grandma Dix and family before our move. The first day we got there we went to watch Trevor's cousin's daughter play softball and I took the kids over near the playground to play while Trev watched the game. Pax and I became distracted watching all the planes fly overhead. I looked over and saw Averie on the monkey bars and she looked like she was doing okay....but sure enough not ten seconds later she fell down and was bleeding everywhere from hitting her face on the ground. I yelled for Trevor and he came rushing over and rushed her to the car to clean her up. I followed him to the car hoping she hadn't landed on her arm, but when I got there she was crying about her arm hurting and we knew she'd probably broken it. I felt SO bad. I cried the whole way to the hospital, and when they put us in a room Averie had calmed down a bit (they gave her a popsicle which helped) but I still felt so bad and I could hardly stop crying. I hate seeing my babies hurt! It turns out she did fracture her arm but luckily it was only a buckle fracture, so it wasn't as severe. They casted her and we spent the rest of the trip keeping it iced and elevated. She was a tough girl though and really only cried when it happened. I still feel so bad to this day for letting her climb those monkey bars!
Crazy hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment