June 23, 2015

Averie's Surgery

At the beginning of December, Averie had surgery to get her tonsils and adenoids removed. Honestly I was SO nervous for this surgery. Nobody likes to see their baby go under the knife. 

We went in a couple days before to get her blood drawn and she was SO brave. They couldn't find a good vein and had to poke her more than once and move the needle around in her arm. That would hurt! She cried when they did that but didn't move at all. I was so proud of her! 




The day of surgery she was ready to roll. Grandma had sent her some new warm jammies, and so that made her a little bit more excited. When we got there she was upset because they made her take off the jammies and put on a hospital gown. That made her cry and put her in a bad mood. Then they gave her a "silly drink" which helps calm children's nerves before surgery, and within about ten minutes of taking that she was acting SO GOOFY! It was pretty entertaining. I got a few videos of it that I wish I could post on here! When they took her back I was super nervous and anxious. Trevor had to go to school that day for a test and couldn't miss so he was texting me a lot asking about her too. She came out of the surgery well and though at first she cried and was a little grumpy, she did ok. When we got home she got spoiled to pieces and got extra snuggles. She was sore the first day but recovered really quick and never complained after that day. She also stopped snoring completely after the surgery and now breathes great at night. She hit a huge growth spurt soon after, which the doctor said was normal because she was getting better oxygen at night!

Flowers from Grandma Joan and Papa

Daddy snuggled right up to Aves when he got home from school. He was worried about his baby girl!

Pictures before and after the surgery. 



No comments: