

A Happy Happy birthday to you from me! October is not only a time to get excited for the upcoming holiday season, but for Trevor and I it is a time to celebrate the births of many of our family members! My mom, niece, sister, brother, nephew, sister-in-law, mother-in-law and father-in-law were all born in October, and I couldn't be more grateful because each one of these people has impacted my life, and Trevor's life, SO MUCH. Can you believe how many birthdays that is in one family?
Trevor's mom's birthday is October 10th. I never got to know Julie, but after five years of spending time with and getting to know her family, and being married to her incredible son, I have gotten to know bits and pieces of her. She left behind a legacy that is continuing to grow. She was an amazing mom and raised an incredible(and LARGE) family.
My father-in-law is an incredible example of strength and wisdom to me. I would trust him with my life at any given moment. He is honest, kind, and full of love and we are lucky to have him in our lives. He has always been supportive to us, and has been there to help us up when things weren't going right. I couldn't have asked for a better father-in-law!!
Morgen was born the same day as Larry(a few years later of course. :) October 4th is the big day. This picture pretty much describes Morgen perfectly. She is nurturing and caring, and from day one of meeting her I thought the world of her. She is a hard worker and has a great deal of determination(she is going to dental school after all..) I don't just consider her my sister-in-law, but a friend as well. We love you Morg!
Broderic, my nephew, was born October 28th. (I am not including years because honestly, remembering the day is hard enough...let alone the year. :) Broderic is my little buddy. He is incredibly funny and is so sweet. He is in tune to others feelings, and one day some girl is gonna LOVE that about him. He is a little STUD and I love him so much!
My brother Shawn, was born October 20th. Shawn is a rock in our family. Always has been, always will be. My brother is such a good example to me, and I am proud to be his sister. When my family has gone through hard times, Shawn has often the one picking up the pieces and being the strong one in order to get the rest of us through it, and I look up to him for that. I wish I had his strength and strong-will..he is an awesome brother to me.
Madison Emma, my niece, was born on October 10th also. She is the first grandchild in the family, so she has had the family wrapped around her finger from day one. Madison is a very brave, strong, smart girl. She has been through a lot the past year but has been resilient and I admire that about her. Madison will always be my girl, I love her SOOO much!!
Janie, my sister, was born October 15th. Janie was my best friend and one of the most influential people in my life. Losing her was like losing a part of myself. Her birthday was a really hard day for my family and me, but at the same time, it was a day to celebrate the years that we were able to spend with her, though they seemed short. I just feel blessed to have even known her at all and have her as my big "sissy." I miss her more than I can even say, and a part of her will always be with me.

4 comments:
ang you are amazing!! This was a great great blog. You are a great blogger you make me wanna be better at it to ha ha! Love you girl! and cant wait to see you and that beautiful baby girl!
Angie, what about remembering October 9th and 10th fore me and Jesse's wedding!!!
haha, i had to stop at the birthdays...that in itself was a project :)
Angie, that was so thoughtful. So happy you are part of our family :)
Post a Comment