I got to the hospital and they gave me the "gel" prostaglandin to help get me started. Oh what a night. The next 14 hours were long and painful. I spent pretty much the entire time in the jacuzzi just trying to get through the night and didn't get any sleep. Finally they checked me at 6:00 am and I was dilated to a 3.5. They checked me again at 9:30 and I was a 5. They gave me the epidural which at that point sounded great, and I slept on and off until about 12:30 pm and woke up feeling the need to push. I told the nurse, she checked me, and I was a full 10 and ready to go. I had a fairly easy delivery. I pushed on and off for about 45 minutes. My doctor was in another room doing a delivery so I had to stop pushing and wait for a few minutes, but once she got there it was only about 2 pushes or so and our little Averie joined the world. It was the most amazing moment of my entire life, and Trevor says the same. We both couldn't stop crying-what an emotional moment! She is beautiful! I can't even explain the love I feel for her. She has been such a joy in our life already. She has a great temperament, and LOVES to be held and cuddled. She has a head full of dark hair, beautiful long fingers, and don't even get me started on her eyes. We are in love! I already can't imagine life without her. She seems to complete the picture. We are so blessed to have her join us. My sister Janie, Trevor's grandpa and his mom and brother all helped get her here safely and we couldn't be more grateful. Thanks for all the love and support! We will keep everyone updated with pictures and info on our beautiful baby girl!
August 31, 2009
Averie Lynn-Born 8/29/09 @1:56 pm. 7lbs 10oz, 21 inches long
I got to the hospital and they gave me the "gel" prostaglandin to help get me started. Oh what a night. The next 14 hours were long and painful. I spent pretty much the entire time in the jacuzzi just trying to get through the night and didn't get any sleep. Finally they checked me at 6:00 am and I was dilated to a 3.5. They checked me again at 9:30 and I was a 5. They gave me the epidural which at that point sounded great, and I slept on and off until about 12:30 pm and woke up feeling the need to push. I told the nurse, she checked me, and I was a full 10 and ready to go. I had a fairly easy delivery. I pushed on and off for about 45 minutes. My doctor was in another room doing a delivery so I had to stop pushing and wait for a few minutes, but once she got there it was only about 2 pushes or so and our little Averie joined the world. It was the most amazing moment of my entire life, and Trevor says the same. We both couldn't stop crying-what an emotional moment! She is beautiful! I can't even explain the love I feel for her. She has been such a joy in our life already. She has a great temperament, and LOVES to be held and cuddled. She has a head full of dark hair, beautiful long fingers, and don't even get me started on her eyes. We are in love! I already can't imagine life without her. She seems to complete the picture. We are so blessed to have her join us. My sister Janie, Trevor's grandpa and his mom and brother all helped get her here safely and we couldn't be more grateful. Thanks for all the love and support! We will keep everyone updated with pictures and info on our beautiful baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congrats!! She is adorable! That is so awesome that all your family was able to be here for the birth. You and Trev will be so great. Let us know if we can help with anything.
I am so happy to hear that things went as smoothly as they did for you. I loved looking at Trev's face in each of these pics- he's going to be a fantastic daddy! Averie looks like she has your mouth and I love that dark hair of hers! I can't wait to meet her. Love you guys!
Congrats you guys! She really is beautiful and seems to be just perfect. Enjoy her!
Thanks for sharing more pix with us and all the details. Love those little open eyes! She has two great parents and lots of extended family to love her.
I TOLD you that you would love her even more! :) There's nothing like that first baby and realizing how much your mom went through for you and how much you can love someone and never knew it! I am proud that I took a couple of those pictures. No shame on the epidural. The other day I heard a story about pioneer women giving birth in the rain with women gathered around trying to keep the rain off of them. At first I though, hmmpf, I should have the next one without an epidural as a tribute to them... then I thought harder, and I think they would be mad at me for not taking advantage of it when they couldn't. :) Good work. Averie is cute and you guys are the cutest parents. Our kids have runny noses so we are going to wait a few days before we come visit. Love you! PS Nursing really will get easier. Hang in there.
She is beautiful! Congrats! We can't wait to meet her! Take care! We love you!
Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful! I am out of town for a week, but you better believe when I get back we are going to have to have a little baby girl playdate. Our girls are exactly a month apart! Congrats again. I can't wait to meet the little beauty!
I am Kirstin's friend and this baby is all I have heard about for the last couple of days so I just had to check out this cute little baby for myself. She is beautfiul!
Thank you guys!!! You are awesome! We think she is pretty great!
Post a Comment