September 04, 2007

Happy Anniversary!


Well we have made it two years now! Trevor and I celebrated our two year anniversary last week. We didnt get to celebrate it last year so this year we wanted to make it extra special. We decided to head to the city and spend a night there. First thing we did in Portland was go shopping at the huge shopping mall. After I realized this was not fun for Trevor AT ALL...we went to the Nike Factory. 
We both found some fun stuff there, I got a pair of shoes and Trevor got a couple shirts. Portland has everything that you can't find in Pocatello, but I still love small towns so much better. I learned this later when we got completely lost and ended up going in circles for about an hour around Portland. Silly as this sounds, we could not find a hotel anywhere. After driving for a while we ended up finding a small town just outside of Portland called...something. Dont remember. Anyway we found a cute little Mexican restaurant for dinner and as we were walking out we looked at the street sign and guess what it was called?? SE BYBEE BLVD! So I got the best picture I could of it...I think I freaked a few people driving by because they thought I was taking pictures of them. We headed back to Portland after that. It was so sad because homeless people were lined up in sleeping backs up and down the streets of downtown Portland. They just lay there by the side of the road and go to sleep. It was definately something you don't see every day when your from Idaho I guess. Anyway, we ended up not finding a hotel and decided we had had enough of the big city for one day, so we drove back to Troutdale, popped a movie in, and fell asleep. It was definately an interesting anniversary!

2 comments:

The Adamsons said...

i am so proud of you for posting again. i love the pics and the story.

Marty's Girl said...

Love you Angie! Miss you tons. I'm glad things are going well for you in Oregon. Watch out for the humongous spiders though. *Shudder* Email me: rachel_gubler@yahoo.com