October 26, 2015

Visitors from Idaho!

My very favorite part of September was when my parents came to visit for a week. I hadn't seen them in a year so it was an emotional reunion. I can't even tell you how nice it was having them here! They helped me SO much. They cooked every meal, cleaned my house again and again, did my laundry (also, again and again!), bought us groceries,cooked for us,  and basically spoiled us all to pieces. As corny as this sounds, it was nice having my mom and dad take care of me for a week and help me through all of the changes happening. While they were here, we went to Huber farms and went on a wagon ride to pick apples from the orchard. We went to Bass Pro Shops (my dad had never been and I am pretty sure it is his idea of Heaven), to the zoo with the kids (except Averie who was in school), and to Churchill Downs where we watched a few horse races and toured the Kentucky Derby Museum. We also went to a few local restaurants in search of the best southern BBQ. We had SO much fun together! 
When they had to leave, there were tears shed. It started with Averie, then my mom, then me, and then my dad. None of us were immune. We dropped a crying Averie off at school and then took them straight to the airport. I'm pretty sure I tried everything to get them to stay, but I guess going back to work is pretty important. Bleh. We love you so much Mom and Dad! Thank you for everything! Come back SOON!




































Picture Descriptions:
-Grandma and Grandpa meeting baby J for the first time!
-My parents were able to come with us to "Back-to-School-Night" and Averie was so proud to show them her classroom and her locker and introduce them to her teacher. She also introduced us to her best friend at school, Hallie.
-Papa and Jett snuggling!
-I had to capture this monster milk stache. Can you seriously GET any cuter!
-Watching the horse races at Churchill Downs. We got to watch three and it was so fun! Those horses are so beautiful! We got a great seat right above the spot where they bring the horses into the arena so we got to see them up close!
-This jockey was from Great Britain. He is actually WAY taller than your average jockey. He was nice enough to take a picture with us!
-We were usually worn out by the end of the day. Dad and Trevor snoozing...er...watching tv.
-I was lucky enough to capture this middle-of-the-night smile by my Jett boy. At this point it wasn't often that you could catch one so I had to take a picture when he did it. 
-We had lots of fun shopping at Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas. Pax thought it was so cool to have Papa push him around in the cart. Paxon also decided he had to pee, frequently, every time we went somewhere. So yes, I brought empty water bottles and made him pee in them. Yep, I am THAT mom. Had to capture a picture of that as well because let's face it, I may need blackmail in the teenage years. 
-Saying goodbye is the PITS! Enough said. We love you Grandma and Papa!

No comments: