August 19, 2015

Independence Day

The 3rd of July our ward had a BBQ at a local park and the kids did a parade at the end with their bikes/scooters all decorated in Fourth of July decor. They had so much fun!

As you can see below we had a BLAST on the 4th this year! We headed out to Huber Farms where you ride a wagon out to the berry fields and pick blueberries to your heart's content. We had never done this before so it was especially fun for us. The kids loved it too, and loved having their own little buckets to fill. 
 I love how Pax is holding my hand in this picture. I had to capture it because someday he won't hold it anymore and I am so going to miss it. 
 Berry pickin'!

 Afterwards we headed back to the main part of the farm where they have a farmers market, an ice cream store, and even a winery. The kids loved the ice cream that was made there at the farm. (Ok, ok, we did too!)
 Later that night we headed to the Petersen's house for some S'mores and fireworks. Trevor got a little too daring and I had to remind him that he needs his hands to be a dentist. :)


No comments: