Trevor went back to school on January 4th, which just happened to be the day when my morning sickness hit me HARD. I got sick with Averie and Paxon, but I could manage. With this baby, however, it was eight weeks of around the clock, severe nausea and vomiting. I felt like I had a REALLY bad case of the flu for all of January and February. I was pretty useless during this time, and it was hard on everyone. I have an amazing group of friends though who helped me with meals and with kids, took me to the hospital to get IV fluids, cleaned my house, and were such a great support system. Trevor was a champ too, he not only had to be a dad and husband, but he had to be a nurse, a home-maker, a chef, and a student. He is amazing and I am so grateful to him for taking such good care of us while I was sick. It is horrible feeling like you can't take care of your family, and I felt so bad about it, but Trevor was forgiving towards me for falling short in so many areas during that time. I definitely take being and feeling healthy for granted and am so blessed! I didn't take a ton of pictures in January or February, and we pretty much stayed home most of the time, but I did manage to get a few pictures. Here is January:
One of our closest family friends, Bryan Serniotti, was on this side of the country (he and his family live in Oregon) and made a special trip to come see us. We have missed this guy!
Trevor got to go to the Duke/Louisville game and had a blast!
Never any alone time when you have kids. Averie snuck this under the bathroom door. It says, "Ha mom" but she was trying to say, "Hey, mom." I couldn't help but smile at that one!
Averie and Paxon playing "Doctor"
Averie took up meditating one day. Made me laugh!
That cry face gets me every time. So sad!
First big snow of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment