In September 2012 we got word that my uncle Gary, who lives in Oregon, had kidney failure and they didn't know how long he was going to make it. So me, my mom, my grandma Persis, Shawn and Paxon all made the long drive to Oregon to see him one last time. When we showed up, Edith(my aunt) came outside to see who was there and just began sobbing. When I went in to see Gary, who was on a hospital bed and barely hanging in there, he began crying and said "You mean so much to me!" We spent the day with him and his family and he was able to talk to each of us individually, and say his goodbyes to us. He kept telling us, "I have no regrets." And he told us he knew the Savior would take care of him and guide him home. I told him to please give my sister a hug and tell her how much a I miss her and love her. What a precious time for us to spend with him just days before he passed away. He was an incredible man. He wasn't my uncle by blood, but to me it is just the same. I hope I too can live my life with no regrets.
Gary passed away just a couple days after we left.
On the way back home we stopped and stayed with Kathy and Steve in Troutdale for the night and were able to have both great-grandmas together with Paxon boy. I doubt the opportunity with arise again so that was a pretty special moment as well.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment