Little Aves is not so little anymore. She is growing like a weed and makes us laugh with the things she says every day. She will be three in August and is definitely a handful with her little attitude and determination to get into everything she's not supposed to. Terrible Two's? I think they meant Three's. But we are crazy about this girl and couldn't ask for a better big sister to her baby brother. She is crazy about him and "helps" mommy with everything.
*Aves is very protective of her baby brother. If he is crying when you change his diaper or because he is hungry, she gets very upset at mom and dad. "Be NICE to my brother!"
*Extremely independent. Chooses her own outfits now, and changes them about 50 times a day. Likes to feed herself completely, wants to read books to us instead of us reading to her, likes to help with cooking, cleaning, opening mail...anything adultish.
*OFF THE BINKY!! Finally! And can I just say that I am SO happy about this. We bought her a "Dream Lite" one day and told her if she wanted it she had to go without her binky at night and that we had to throw it away. SHE WENT FOR IT! And has been binky-free ever since. Relief!
*Non-stop talking from this girl. Seriously. Ever since the girl could form words, she never stopped using them. It's fun to "spy" on her when she's playing in her room and listen to all the cute things she says.
*LOVES to to go the PARK! She would go every day, all day, if we let her, and she would still cry when it was time to go.
*I think we may have a singer on our hands, she sings all the time and stays on key. Love that sound!
*Loves going to church and "ursery" and loves to say loud, embarrassing things during Sacrament meeting.
Examples: (During the middle of the closing prayer in Sacrament) "HEY! Remember that time on Scooby Doo? OH YEAH! UH HUH! OH YEAH!" Super loud-as in the top of her lungs. Red-faced parents? Yep.
"Yay!!! Bread and Water!"
"AMEN!" When she wants the prayer to be done....but it's not.
"AMEN!" When the prayer is done, and she's REALLY happy about it.
"POTTY!"
*Aves is hilarious. She has the funniest personality and seriously cracks me up. A few examples of funny things she has done.
-Mommy: "Averie, get out of my purse please." Averie: "It's okay mommy, my hand is just hiding!"
-Averie walks into the bathroom and sees a raisin on the floor. "OH SHI* Mommy! You pooped!"
-"Oh SHI* Daddy! It's knocked! *locked*" When she goes to the door and it is locked. (We are working on the swearing..she now says a much milder, "SHOOT" when she feels the need to get her strong emotions out.
-"Daddy, please stop talking."
-Mommy: "Averie I love you!" Averie:"I love you too mommy!" Mommy: "Are we best friends?" Averie: "Mommy, please be quiet now." Ouch. That hurt Aves.
-"Mommy, I woked up today!"
-"Daddy! What happened?" She points to his scar on his forehead. "Harry Potter scar?"
-"Daddy, go away, and go get mommy" (Said at bedtime when he was trying to get her to sleep)
-(Sung to the Justin Beiber song Baby Baby Baby Oh!) "Kirstin, Kirstin, Kirstin, KIRST!"
-We saw a snake one day, and Trevor HATES snakes so he was kind of being a wimp. I said, "Trev, quit being such a girl!" So the next day, Averie is telling someone about how we saw a snake and says, "Yeah, and Daddy was a girl."
Love the things (most of them anyway) that come out of this girl's mouth. More to come I am sure.

1 comment:
I can't believe how she has grown! She was just a chubby little baby when you left Oregon! She is sooooo dang cute and I'm sure she is such an awesome big sister!
Post a Comment