Paxon John Bybee
Born June 15th 2012
6 lbs 13 oz
19 3/4 inches long
The whole story...more for my journaling purposes. But by all means, read ahead if you want the details.
On Friday (June 15th), I woke up and I was having contractions. Nothing major but I don't usually wake up with contractions, usually they come at the end of the day, so it was unusual. I chalked it up to nothing important and headed in to work for the day.
At work, I lost my mucus plug(told you there would be details...) and thought maybe it was amniotic fluid so I called my doctor and they told me to go up to the hospital just to check and make sure. When I got there they tested it and it wasn't amniotic fluid which was good news. I was 75% effaced and was dilated to a 3. I was contracting but they still weren't super strong and they weren't consistent, so they let me go. I ran some errands and headed back into work.
When I got to work, within about an hour, my contractions started getting worse. I didn't want to leave unless they got really bad so I finished seeing all of my patients. By the time I was seeing my last patient they were getting pretty strong and closer together, so I finished her treatment, finished all my charting, and then got into the car to make the 20 min. drive home. On the way they were so strong I was struggling to drive, but I talked to Trevor and that got me through it. I think I had three or four on the way home.
When I got home, they were getting pretty bad, but I was NOT going to the hospital looking the way I did. So I took a hot shower, did my hair and makeup, did a load of laundry, cleaned the house, did the dishes, and got my hospital bag ready. All of this happened in between contractions that were getting to be three min apart, consistently, and lasting sixty seconds. Between contractions I knew I only had so much time so I would run on to the next thing and try to get it done before the next contraction hit. I know, I am a dork.
Trevor called my mom and told her it was time, I was in a lot of pain by then. By the time she got there 20 min. later I knew it was time to go. The conversation on the drive to the hospital went something like this, "Don't hit the bumps! Don't hit the bumps!"-during my contractions. Then when the contraction would stop, "Trevor, drive faster, get me there, get me there!" Ha.
We got to the hospital they were so bad I could barely walk, but I made it to the nurses desk and they admitted me. By that time I was 95% effaced and dilated to a four. I hopped in the jacuzzi (seriously I LOVE jacuzzis when I am in labor. Best pain management other than the epidural) They checked me an hour later and I was 100% effaced, and dilated to a 6. So it was go time. They called the anesthesiologist and I waited about another hour, still sitting in the jacuzzi, until she got there. I was very calm this time compared to when I had Averie and the pain was a LOT easier to deal with.
The anesthesiologist got there at 9:15, got the epidural in me and we waited for it to take effect. At first I was numb only on my left side and not on the right, which was completely weird. But it finally kicked in. We hung out until about 11:30 and I knew it was time to push. They got the doctor in there and I pushed only for about 5 min. or so and our little guy arrived!!!
Paxon John arrived healthy, happy, and screaming, which is the best sound in the world to a new mommy!!!!
We are so happy to have him here and he is such a huge blessing to our family. He sleeps a lot, thinks he needs to eat A LOT, loves to snuggle, looks just like Averie when she was that age except that he is not NEARLY as chubby as she was, and he provides a kissing ground for his big sister (and maybe his parents too:) We LOVE this boy!




2 comments:
Oh my goodness I love it! Only you would do so much between contractions! So glad he is here and he is absolutely adorable! So happy for your cute little family of 4! Love you guys!
What a fabulous story, it makes me want my next one;-) I can't believe you were doing so much while in labor!! Miss yoU!
Post a Comment