September 07, 2010

ONE




Our little Averie turned the big ONE on August 29th! Oh my gosh...where has a year gone? It went by so fast...I wish I could compare Averie of a year ago to Averie of now. One year ago I had a sweet little 7lb 10oz bundle placed in my arms and I have never felt so much love in my life. I didn't think I could love her any more than I did at that moment. But after a year...I do. She is precious to me, and I feel such gratitude every day that I am blessed with the opportunity to be her mother. There is no greater calling in life. Every day she amazes me by what she learns and how fast she is growing. Her smile is my favorite thing to see every day when I wake up...I am SO blessed!

We celebrated Averie's birthday at our house and had MANY guests come. I may have overdone it a bit but it was worth it! I made a butterfly cake for Averie which she LOVED! She ate the whole piece we gave her. We had Grandma Dix and Aunt Kathy come from Oregon just for the event. It was so nice to have our family and friends there to celebrate our sweet little girl! She got spoiled though-this girl has more toys then we know what to do with. She had a blast at her birthday, and we had a blast too, celebrating her!

AVERIE AT ONE YEAR:
-Can say dog, mom, mama, dad, dada, hat, fish, please(peez), grandma(ma-mama), and last night we swear we heard her say Kirst. :)
-Not only walks, but RUNS....all over the place. Always on the move.
-LOVES books.
-Has four teeth, two top two bottom.
-WEIGHS 23 pounds
-Signs about 20 different signs.
-Starting to become independent and her personality is blooming!


We love you sweet girl! What a blessing you have been in our lives!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ah! She is soooo freaking cute! I can't believe how big she has gotten!! And that cake is awesome:) I so wish we could have helped celebrate with you!!!