December 05, 2009

Averie Lynn at 14 weeks


Averie is doing wonderful! She is already 14 weeks though! CRAZY! I can't believe she is already almost four months old. These are some new little facts about her:
  1. She LOVES her little blue elephant. You pull on it and it vibrates. We forgot it at Thanksgiving and when we got home and she saw it for the first time in three days she was all smiles. I will post pictures of Mr. Elephant later. It probably cost like five dollars, though I got it free. Note to self: Don't need to spend much money on toys. She's easy to please.
  2. She is finally on a schedule! Every night at 7:30 we give her a bath, read her a book, feed her, and then lay her down at eight and she doesn't make a peep. She is AWESOME! She still wakes a couple times in the night to eat but we are pretty used to that one.
  3. She weighs 14 pounds 9 oz today. Double what she weighed at birth!
  4. She is starting to use her little hands to grab things big and small. And she also discovered her feet recently.
  5. We are teaching her sign. We just started this week so no progress to report yet.
  6. She is a CHUNK!! She is now in her 3-6 months clothes. And some of them are tight..
  7. Averie loves books! I am such a proud mom! I love books and have loved them since I was a baby too, so I am proud that my girl is already a book worm like me! Her favorite book so far seems to be The Night Before Christmas. When we read to her every night she listens intently through the entire book, looking at the pictures and enjoying her snuggle time before bed.
  8. She laughs, a lot! I love nothing more than seeing that little girl laugh! It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. And Trevor is the best at making her laugh. He is such a goof and she thinks he is hilarious. I love my family!
  9. She loves to look at the lights on the Christmas tree.
  10. She has found her voice! Oh my gosh, that girl is a little talker! (I have no idea where she gets that from...) She obviously can't say any words yet, but she uses her lungs well and sits there in her chair cooing and ahhing and sometimes even scares herself when she gets really loud.
We can't wait for everyone to see our little Averie at Christmas! We love her so much and think the world of her. I heard a quote last month and it really hit me. It says: "It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives." This holiday season I am really missing my Janie, but I am also experiencing so much joy because of my beautiful baby girl. Life is full of blessings!

6 comments:

LP & TP said...

SHE IS A DOLL!! (: O my gosh. I see TREV & YOUR cute face... in her. I LOVEI IT! HOpe you 3 are just doing great.. maybe I will see you here for Christmas??! I hope!!

The Gubler Family Blog! said...

She is soooo adorable. I am glad things are going well for you guys. I miss you tons. Lots o' luv!

Holly said...

Oh she is soooo cute:)

harley8 said...

i am getting so excited to hold this little girl!! she really is a chunk and is such a good mix of the both of you. love you girl!

Kirst said...

I can't wait to see the wittle baby too. When will you be in ID?

Jeremy and Ruth said...

life is soo fun with these little blessings huh!! your baby is beautiful but i wouldnt expect anything less from such a beautiful mommy!! love ya girly!!