She took a huge, and I mean HUGE poop on me this week. I was changing her diaper, just home from school and wearing a really cute outfit that day too. Anyway, so I am holding her little bum in the air to wipe it, and all of a sudden I hear this explosion at the same time that I see this runny, yellow mustard-looking poop flying at me. I didn't dodge it in time. The whole front of my shirt, and pants, and arms....now covered in the mustard. (Speaking of, JUST as I am typing this, she farted on me. Babies fart, ALOT-no one told me this.) Anyway, so I yell out, "Oh CRAP!! " And Trevor and his uncle say, "What, is there a spider?" And I say "No, CRAP!" (literally guys...) So Trevor comes in, laughing, and takes over for me as I go throw my stuff in the wash. I come back in the room, barefoot, and step in a puddle on the carpet by the bed. The mustard even made it to the floor!!! I stepped in my daughter's poop. That is so wrong. Needless to say, I am SO much more careful and I now hold a diaper over the little torpedo. Trevor got pay back the next day though when she pooped all over the bed while I was at school and he had to wash our comforter. :) NICE.
Averie has found her new favorite thing. The Dryer. The other day she was crying and we couldn't calm her down, so I told Trevor to put her on the dryer and see if that calmed her down. IMMEDIATELY, she went to sleep. She LOVES laying on top of it. The warmth, sound, and vibration are a great mix. We throw a blanket on top, turn it on, and lay her down on it and she will instantly calm down and/or go to sleep. So cute. And no we don't leave her there, so no she won't fall off. Quit your worrying. :) We hang out there with her until she goes to sleep and then move her to her bed. But we have now gained a new appreciation for modern conveniences.
4 comments:
I love the dryer idea - will have to try it sometime on a little kid. Hey, maybe we can invent a fence thing that would keep a baby safe on the dryer. . . as long as it doesn't get too hot. Perfect!
Hailey pooped on me too when she was about 5 weeks. Precious! It was all over me. In my hair, on my shirt, my face, and it went all over the top of the dresser that was way behind me. We're talking serious projectile poop here. Way to go Averie! Being like Hailey isn't half bad. From that day on I never changed a baby with the butt faced at me. You gotta face it sideways.
hahah i love that you stepped in her poop! :) hahha luck you dont have a boy! karver peed on me many many many times! :) your baby is beautiful looks just like trevor! :) keep in touch! :)
Congrats you two!! She is adorable!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment