December 22, 2008

Let it Stop...Let it Stop....Let it Stop

So much for coming home for the holidays! We are completely snowed in, literally, we can't get past the driveway! It has been a wild couple of days. Portland has gotten slammed with a snowstorm that is apparently the worst snowstorm since 1940 and the 2nd worst ever recorded. I was supposed to leave to go to Pocatello on Saturday. When I got to the airport every singe flight was cancelled except for mine...which freaked me out a bit. Then about a half hour later they announced that all flights would be cancelled that day. So I headed home where I met up with Trevor who had just gotten home from a tournament up in Yakima. They also came home early because the storm was so bad.
That night Trevor decided that us Idaho people are tougher than this. We know how to drive in the snow...so off we headed to get pizza in the middle of a blizzard. We were fine until we slid into a curb and popped our tire. We somehow made it home where we got stuck...not once, but twice. The second time we landed right in the middle of a three foot snow drift in our driveway. So for two hours we were out there trying to dig out. (I sat in the warm car and pressed the gas when Trevor told me to, so I can't take much credit.) Finally we got out though, thanks to Trev. Then later that night our friends Bryan and Stacy wanted us to come play games. Bryan said his car(a mini van I might add) had no problem getting through the snow, so off we went, only to get stuck AGAIN that night for an hour in the same drift we got stuck in the first time. It was an amazing night of freezing cold ice slamming into your face and digging cars out of the snow.
Needless to say....we have stayed inside the house ever since, except to go outside and play in the huge snow tunnel that Trevor and Bryan made. They had a blast making the snow tunnel, only to have it snowed in this morning due to the five more inches we got last night.
This doesn't happen in Portland, so the entire city is shut down. Literally, everything is closed! The freeways are all closed and they have announced an emergency in the town we live because people are not able to get medical help or get anywhere. Its wild! Its kind of fun being snowed in, but we are both so sad that we can't come home for Christmas. Of all the times I would want to be home for Christmas, this would be the year. But hey, Trev and I are together and that's what matters. So we will be here in Oregon enjoying the worst blizzard in 70 years. :) I have included a few pics for your enjoyment....ha.















No comments: