November 19, 2008
Janie Lynn
Well...for those of you that have not heard yet, my sister Janie passed away last night. First off, I want to thank any of you who have texted me or called me, it really has helped me through the day, and I am sorry I have not returned all the calls...I am just in a daze. But I really really do appreciate the thoughts and prayers. My sister was an amazing person. I loved her with all my heart and she was my best friend. Thats why this is so hard for me. I am already scared of forgetting her laugh, or her voice, and though I know with all my heart I will see her again some day, I also know that someday seems a long ways away. Its hard to lose someone without getting the chance to say goodbye. I flew home last night but I didn't get to see her before she passed away. My family is devastated, but we have found comfort in each other and through our faith. Someone told me a great quote tonight, "God gave us memories so we could have roses in December." I think President Monson said that. And right now, memories are all I have, and there are many amazing ones. I will always remember my sister's beauty, inside and out. She had a smile that was contagious. She had compassion beyond what she was even able to give sometimes. She loved her children more than life itself, and I know she will watch over them throughout their lives. My only hope is that they never forget how much their mom cherished them and how badly she wanted to stay here with them. Sometimes we don't understand why things happen the way they do, but right now I am just hanging on to my faith that she is in a better place, where she experiences no pain and where she can watch over those she loves. I love my sister so much, and I can only look forward to the day when I will see her again, and hear her laugh and see her beautiful smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Angie, this is Katie Breese (now Butcher). So sorry to hear about your sister. If you ever need to talk or anything let me know. Our prayers are with you and your family during this hard time.
Angie, I had no idea. Was your sister sick or was this sudden? I' so sorry to hear it. I understand some of your feelings right now. I remember feeling the same when my dad passed away. I didn't want to forget his laugh or the sound of his voice. It's now been 17 years, and through Heavenly Father's tender mercies, I can still remember. Our prayers are with you and your family right now.
I am so sorry. I always thought your sister was an amazing person- I'm sorry I didn't know her as a mother, I'll bet she was fantastic.
Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and give your family my love.
~Annaliese
Angie,
I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I think you have an such an awsome outlook though for so soon afterwards and I hope you come through this ok. I never lost a sister but I did loose one of my best friends in 9th grade and yeah it's pretty devestating even now looking back but I love what you said about memories. I know what you mean and they really help ya feel better in the long run even if it's hard to imagine now. I'll be prayin for ya and your family.
I'm so sorry for your loss Angie. Our prayers are with you in this sad time. Keep holding on to that faith and hope.
We are so sorry to hear about your sisters death. You and your family will be in our prayers.
I clicked on your page thinking there was no way you would have a post with all that was going on. I can't immagine losing a sister. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. (It's cutest when Hailey says it, "Please bless Anshee") Please feel better soon. We love you
Angie I am so sorry for what you are going through. I cant imagine what this is like. But I must say I am so amazed with the out look you have on this situation, you are amazing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and ALL you family. Please if there is anything I can do I would be more than happy to help you any way I can.
Angie, I am so sorry. You'll be in our prayers. Angela (Sudweeks)
Angie, Iam so sorry for the loss of your sister. When my mom passed away a year ago I remember having the same fear of forgetting her-and you will forget a little here and there, but you will remember the most precious moments always ..she will always be on your mind everyday. Stay close to your sweet husband( he will help you get through it)-and know that Heavenly Father will carry you in these times of trial. Stay strong (I know its hard), but you WILL see her again,and I know that right now that seems so far away, but to her it is a blink of an eye. So hold on, write down little memories( so you dont forget), and know that Blaise and I are praying for you and your family.Let me know if there is anything we can do!
themthink of the celebration that it will be! God
We are so sorry to hear about your sister. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Angie, honey, you are amazing. You and your faith are so strong. Please call me or come on over if you need anything from a listening ear to a hot meal!
Angie i heard and i want you to know you are in my prayers!! i love you girl!
Angie we love you- We are looking forward to Christmas. Robbie and Morgen
Angie, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Was it expected....was she currently having health problems? My heart and prayers are with you and your family and I know that you will be reunited with her again!
I am sorry for your loss. You guys are in our prayers. Your sister will always be with you. You are a such a strong person. If you ever need anything let us know.
Just want you to know how much I've been thinking about you. Your family is in our prayers always. I hope you know that you can call me any time day or night. We love you so much!
Angie, we were so sorry to hear about Janie. Her smile was so contaigous. I wanted to tell you how beautiful you sang at the funeral. You are so talented. I'm sure Janie loved it and is so proud of you. Your song and the life sketch were the highlight of the service. I am still amazed at how well you kept your composure during the life sketch- you are amazing. It was perfect. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
~~Lisa & Brian Merrell
Ang, I am so so sorry to hear about your sister. I know it's been almost a month since you wrote this, and I am out of the loop. I hope you are feeling better and not as sad. I want to give you a hug so bad right now so just imagine me doing that and in spirit I will be ok? I love you. Keep your head up.
Post a Comment