October 26, 2015

Conference Weekend

Conference weekend, especially October Conference, is one of my favorite times of the year! I LOVE hearing the prophet, apostles, and other leaders speak to us. It always leaves me feeling motivated and uplifted. This conference I only missed part of one session but otherwise was able to sit and enjoy the rest of it. The kids made it through the first session thanks to a game I had, Conference Bingo. Unfortunately, Paxon ate all the pieces (cheerios) before the first talk was even through. Silly boy! I know that Conference doesn't mean much to them now, but I hope one day they will look back and remember the feeling they feel when they listen to the Prophet speak. 
I am so grateful for a living Prophet in these latter days who guides me personally through my life. President Monson's health seems to be declining and he struggled through his talk towards the end, barely able to get the words our or stand straight. It broke my heart and I wanted to reach through the screen and lift him up.  I am so grateful to him for his example and for all the positive influence he has made in my life. 
Three new apostles were set apart at this conference which was a humbling experience and it was so awesome to be able to raise my hand and sustain these men as apostles. I am so grateful for the Gospel!






In between sessions Daddy took the kids, and himself apparently, out for a little bike ride.

No comments: