Coming home from the hospital and settling into our new and improved life was a big change for me. Trevor dropped me off at home and had to go back to school. I was exhausted but I had to pick up Averie from school in just a couple hours, so I immediately jumped into our new routine. Even though it was a bit chaotic and tiring, it all worked out and it was so nice being home with our family!
Leaving the hospital
Leaving the hospital
The first week after I had Jett, Paxon got sick with a stomach bug. Trevor was up all night with him trying to keep him in his room so we didn't expose the baby to anything, and then he had a big quiz the next day he couldn't miss so I was trying to juggle getting Averie to school, keep Pax away from Jett, and take care of a newborn. So hectic! Jett was a little bit jaundice so I had to take him in twice that first week to make sure his bilirubin levels were in range, which they were, so luckily he didn't have to go in for light treatment.
Then on Saturday, which was actually Averie's birthday, we noticed a big rash on her chest in the shape of a bulls eye. Since we knew she'd recently been exposed to ticks, we took her in and the doctor put her on an antibiotic just as a preventative measure (lyme disease is more common in the east where we live).
Despite having to go to the doctor on her birthday though, Averie had a great birthday. We took her out for breakfast and then to her soccer game. I decided to wait and do her birthday the following Saturday because Jett was still so new and that week had already been crazy. I brought cupcakes to school for her on Friday though so I think that made her feel extra special. So technically she got to celebrate her birthday on three separate days!
Pax and Averie with Jett his first day home.
Jett the first few days after getting home
Paxon's bare butt and farmers tan...just because it's cute!
Despite having to go to the doctor on her birthday though, Averie had a great birthday. We took her out for breakfast and then to her soccer game. I decided to wait and do her birthday the following Saturday because Jett was still so new and that week had already been crazy. I brought cupcakes to school for her on Friday though so I think that made her feel extra special. So technically she got to celebrate her birthday on three separate days!
Pax and Averie with Jett his first day home.
Jett the first few days after getting home
Paxon's bare butt and farmers tan...just because it's cute!
Averie on her birthday- at the doctor and out to breakfast. Isn't she the CUTEST six year old ever? I sure think so!
Our three favorite people!







No comments:
Post a Comment