February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad






Happy Birthday Dad!
On February 28th, my dad turns BLANK years old! (You're welcome, Dad) So since I can't be there to celebrate, or mourn.....with you, I thought I would send some love via my blog.

-You are one of my best friends, Dad. You have always believed in me and continue to support me in all I do. You taught me that I can never dream too big. You make me feel beautiful and smart and you even grace me with a sympathy laugh when I unsuccessfully attempt to tell a joke. You have taught me to love nature, eat red meat, ride a horse, and sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere. You have taught me to love the river, fear spiders, and take time to "smell the pine needles." You are there when I need a hug, and there when I don't. You teach me to have faith when I feel like giving up. You teach me through your words and through your example.
I love you, Dad.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Great post! I think Brett is 63, but he looks great!

Trevor and Angie said...

Haha, I won't tell him you said that. :) He had a great birthday and even got a "special cake." You will have to ask him about it. :)